COACHING AT SMOG
Coaches are an integral part of SMOG as they have a big impact on the development and welfare of our players. As a thriving Netball Club, run by a number of volunteers behind the scenes, we are mindful that our coaches give up their precious time and energy to provide our players a wonderful team environment where they can learn new skills, develop confidence in their game play, make life-time friendship and be nurtured and supported in whatever their personal season goals may be.
As a coach, you have the opportunity to positively impact the experience, the lifelong involvement, and the love of Netball your players and team may have, and more often than not, the rewards outweigh the obstacles - watching as players grow and develop and start to work together as a team.
Therefore, to attract players or members who may be shy to step forward, or perhaps not confident enough to coach by themselves, we strive to provide a coaching environment where SMOG coaches can expect the following support from the Club:
- Fees for Netball NZ coaching modules covered ($20pp per session)
- Access to High Performance (Wellington) coaches to use as mentors.
- Player Coaches will have co-coaches wherever possible (as numbers allow)
- A pre-season Coaches session to help you plan your season, and a mid-season follow up for the second round.
- Support from Player Liaisons who can help you run training sessions.
- Players who are also coaching (player-coaches) receive a fee subsidy.
- Training will be arranged with teams of similar level to encourage squad style and full court training.
If you are interested in being a part of our our coaching teams as a coach (or co-coach), we would love to hear from you. Please send us an expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll make contact with you.